The Inn At Lewis Bay — History

The Inn at Lewis Bay, our Cape Cod bed and breakfast inn, was built in 1920 as part of the elegant Hotel Englewood that was located directly across the street. The large Dutch Colonial was used as a cottage for families spending their summer vacation on Lewis Bay. This was a time when West Yarmouth was a thriving beachfront resort and there were no other houses between the Inn and the bay. Originally the cottage was built with eight bedrooms and bathrooms plus the living room with a large brick fireplace. In 1962, the Hotel Englewood burned to the ground in a massive off-season fire. Thankfully the cottage was left intact. There are pictures of the old hotel in the living room.

The Inn at Lewis Bay exchanged hands and eventually became a charming bed and breakfast called the Manor House in this quiet seaside neighborhood. At this time, one of the bedrooms was converted to a kitchen and laundry room. Eventually the Inn was foreclosed on by the bank and remained closed for over two years until Rick and Liz Latshaw purchased it during a summer vacation on Cape Cod. In December 1994, major renovations were started that included landscaping, fresh paint and refurbishing the Inn. Part of the common room was also formatted to include a dining room for the first time since 1920. The Inn reopened its doors to guests on May 13, 1995. In September 1999, the name was changed to the Inn at Lewis Bay. Janet and David Vaughn purchased the Inn in the summer of 2001, and consequently sold the Inn in summer of 2010 to Bob and Tanya Liberman, and they pledge to continue its tradition of service and relaxation.

  • Teresa, Keith and Nicole

    Your Host at The Inn At Lewis Bay

  • Click the link below. When the page loads enter the address of your starting point

  • © 2010, The Inn at Lewis Bay, 57 Maine Ave. West Yarmouth, Cape Cod, MA 02673 Phone 1-855-394-7229